Allison in Africa

I have been to Kenya three times, totaling nearly twelve months from 2003-2008. This blog is filled with a few of my thoughts, stories and pictures from my second and third trips (January-March 2006 and May-August 2008), mainly around Kitale and Mt. Elgon in the Rift Valley Province.

Monday, June 02, 2008

Evening pics

Some pictures of my evenings...

Here is the view as I leave the Vi Agroforestry compound... boda-boda bicycle taxis, a bright just-after-the-rains look to all the trees, and red, red earth!!



Demonstration plots of different types of tomatoes. Each has a sign showing how much the seed and inputs cost, what type they are, and how much they expect to earn from harvesting them. This is all for education for local farmers, but the project is trying to be as sustainable as possible, supporting at least the site staff's salaries from the proceeds of their 5 acre garden.



a tractor and plowed field at the other side of town, close to where I stay


A cool set of spider like agave(?) plants, right at the bend in the road to ICM where I stay.



Eating out at a little 'hoteli' with some students I knew from my last trip to Mt. Elgon


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home