Allison in Africa

I have been to Kenya three times, totaling nearly twelve months from 2003-2008. This blog is filled with a few of my thoughts, stories and pictures from my second and third trips (January-March 2006 and May-August 2008), mainly around Kitale and Mt. Elgon in the Rift Valley Province.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

I love languages!/ Ninapenda lugha!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Here's an old photo from last time I was in Kenya. The books are much rattier looking now as I have tried to learn as much of the language as I can before arriving. It's not going so well as I hadn't found anyone to practice with, but hopefully it will be easier to pick up this time around after familiarising myself with a large vocabulary!

2 Comments:

At 11:18 AM GMT+3, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blumen!!!!!How are you! post more pictures please!!!!

 
At 4:34 AM GMT+3, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you're doing great! Keep up the good work. And yes, more pictures would be fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home